This iced latte recipe uses Lancaster County Coffee Roasters’ Honey Lavender coffee. It’s dairy-free and vegan.
The recipe makes 2 servings.
- 1½ cups cold Lancaster County Coffee Roasters’ Honey Lavender coffee, chilled until very cold
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- A bit of honey for drizzling (leave it off to make it a Vegan treat)
- Lavender for garnish (yes, of COURSE, it’s optional)
- Whipped aquafaba – a dairy-free whipped cream substitute – Recipe below
Add ½ teaspoon of vanilla to the well-chilled Lancaster County Coffee Roasters’ Honey Lavender coffee. Pour into 2 tall glasses filled with ice. Top with whipped aquafaba (recipe below). Garnish with a few bits of fresh lavender.
Makes 3 cups. Store the unused portion in the refrigerator for up to 24 hours.
- ¾ cup liquid from a can of chickpeas
- 1/8 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 2/3 cup powdered or confectioners’ sugar
- Drain a can of chickpeas and reserve the liquid (3/4 cup)
- Add 1/8 tsp cream of tartar (adds body and stability, so don’t skip it), 2/3 cups of powdered sugar, and 1 teaspoon of vanilla.
- Beat on high with an electric mixer. Needs a lot of speed, so hand mixing won’t really work here. Takes between 3-10 minutes to whip. Whip until soft and frothy, with enough body to mound gently. (Hint: chilling the liquid thoroughly before whipping spends up whipping time.)